I love Valentine's Day! Not because of the expected flowers and gifts, I don't need all that. Maybe it's because on this day, 13 years ago, Jason proposed...finally! Every Valentine's Day I find myself remembering how he proposed and it still shocks me! He really surprised me. Never did I think this quiet, reserved guy would take me to a very crowded restaurant (Carvers) and have his 3 roommates come in and sing to me in front of everyone, drawing attention to us, then getting down on his knee and asking me to marry him with the whole restaurant, wait staff, host staff, probably the cooks were out there watching too! He even had the ring made without my knowledge and called and asked my Dad if he could marry me. What a true gentleman! Here's a little flashback to 13 years ago...
Good memories! Happy Valentine's Day, Jason. I love you!
We love to celebrate Valentine's with our kids now and the kids look forward to this day. Brynn says it's her very favorite holiday!
We did our annual treasure hunt this year. The kids love this most of all! They have to go out with Jason and when they pull into the garage there is a big heart with a clue waiting on the garage door for them. The clues lead them around the whole house and they end up with a few little prizes!
Dinner is all about how many hearts I can work into the meal! Heart plates, balloon, decorations, candy buckets and, thanks to Mindi for the idea, this year we made heart shaped pizzas.
PUCKER UP!! Happy Valentine's Day. We love you all! xoxo
Jason and I did get to go out for a while that afternoon. Our Valentine's date was to go out on a bike ride. It was so much fun!












2 comments:
Dude, you look hot on the bike!!! That's the best v-day date idea ever!!! Your pizzas look awesome! Oh, and I love the perm!!!
Dang, it looks like the weather wasn't too bad after all. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We will make some better plans sometime in the next little while. What does March and April look like for you guys?
Post a Comment